Crispy joints: the main reasons
Joints consist of several surfaces of bones, bony protrusions, capsules, tendons and ligaments. Depending on the problem, crunch can occur in different departments.
Crunching in the joints are audible clicks that accompany active and passive movements of the joints. But the crunch in the joints can be not only the norm but also a pathology:
- Weakness of the ligaments of the joint due to the torn, stretched, fractures, dislocations, hypermobility of the joints. The latter means a special structure of the joints, in which they are very mobile. This is a congenital very rare abnormality in which parts of the joint diverge without causing pain. Going back, the joint gives a crunch;
- Disorders of the structure of the joints, when the articular surfaces do not coincide and go beyond the articular box;
- Inflammation of the surrounding muscle also causes crunch in the joints. However, this reason is not fully understood: some experts believe that the crunch occurs during fatigue and overload, others argue that the crunch appears after a long stay in the same position, and then change it sharply . It does not matter what part of the body was overloaded;
- As a result of osteoarthritis, the joints also give a crunch. This disease usually accompanies the elderly, but it can also develop in the young;
- Excess salt in the joints inevitably leads to crunch. The fact is that the bones, and hence the cartilage with the muscles, harden. This complicates the mobility of the joints, causing clicks, crunches and pain;
- Destruction of the articular surfaces of the joint in osteoarthritis, bursitis and coxarthrosis.
How to help the joints?
According to statistics, the crunch of the joints became more common to accompany people aged 18-25 years. This is due to a sedentary lifestyle, poor diet, bad habits, ecology and hereditary predisposition. To minimize the effects of crunch and fall apart completely in old age, you need to start taking care of your health from a young age.
To prevent crunch, be sure to include vegetables, fruits, whole grains, nuts in your diet, minimize the consumption of protein foods, drink at least 2 liters of water a day. The traditional jellies, which everyone loves to eat and cook for the New Year, also help the joints.